Ngaanyatjarraku Event Calendar
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st
Total Results = 1
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Ngaanyatjarraku event simply Login
Events in and around Ngaanyatjarraku
What better way to experience the beauty of Western Australia's Ngaanyatjarraku region than by participating in exciting and fun seasonal events? Whether you're a local resident or a visitor, the following events are sure to provide a memorable experience.
- Ngaanyatjarra Lands Annual Football Carnival: Held in November, this sporting event brings together communities across the Ngaanyatjarraku region. Teams compete in a variety of age groups and there is plenty of entertainment on the sidelines. Contact the Regional Council for more information.
- Tjukayirla Art and Craft Fair: Held in December, this fair showcases the work of local artists and craftspeople. Visitors can purchase one-of-a-kind items, including paintings, sculptures, and jewelry. Contact the Tjukayirla Community for more information.
- Christmas Markets: Farmers' markets and holiday markets pop up in various townships throughout the region during the holiday season. Visitors can purchase locally produced goods, including fresh produce, crafts, and gifts. Check with your local council for times and locations.
- Ngaanyatjarra Health Run: Held in March, this event promotes health and wellness across the region. Participants can choose from a variety of distance options and enjoy a scenic run through the beautiful outback landscape. Contact the Regional Council for more information.
- Women's Culture Camp: Held in April, this event is an opportunity for women from across the region to come together and celebrate their culture. Participants can take part in traditional activities, including weaving and cooking, and enjoy storytelling and cultural performances. Contact the Women's Council for more information.
- Easter Egg Hunts: Easter egg hunts are held in various townships throughout the region, providing a fun activity for children and families. Check with your local council for times and locations.
- NAIDOC Week Celebrations: Held in July, NAIDOC Week is a time to celebrate the history, culture, and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Events are held across the region, including flag-raising ceremonies, cultural performances, and food festivals. Check with your local council for times and locations.
- Annual Camel Cup: Held in August, this event features camel races and other entertainment. Visitors can take part in camel rides and enjoy traditional food and drink. Contact the Regional Council for more information.
- Winter Market: A winter market is held in various townships throughout the region, providing an opportunity for local vendors to showcase their goods. Visitors can purchase crafts, clothing, and food. Check with your local council for times and locations.
- Ngaanyatjarra Footy Finals: Held in September, this event is the culmination of the football season. Teams compete for the championship title and there is entertainment on the sidelines. Contact the Regional Council for more information.
- Warburton Desert Rose Festival: Held in October, this festival celebrates the beauty of the desert landscape and the culture of the region. Events include traditional dance performances, art exhibitions, and food festivals. Contact the Warburton Community for more information.
- Halloween Parties: Halloween parties are held in various townships throughout the region, providing a fun and spooky activity for kids and families. Check with your local council for times and locations.
These events are just a small sampling of the many fun and exciting activities that take place in and around the Ngaanyatjarraku region throughout the year. Be sure to check with your local council or community organization for additional events and details.